Sentinel Security Medicare Supplement plans are one of the newer entries to the Medicare Supplement marketplace. Their plans are available in many states already with more to be added later. Basically, their focus is west of the Mississippi, as they are available in nearly all western states. As of the start of 2011, the states that Sentinel Security Medicare Supplements are available in are: IA, MN, LA, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, AZ, NM, WY, CO, MT, UT, ID, NV, CA, OR, and WA (some states are still pending Department of Insurance approval). In many of these states, they are one of the very lowest-priced companies available. It is important to remember that Medicare Supplement coverage is standardized from company to company so there is no variation in the coverage with a "like" plan (i.e. a Plan 'F' with Sentinel Security is the exact same as a Plan 'F' with your current company).
Sentinel Security Medigap Quotes
Sentinel Security Medicare Supplements - What Plans are Offered?
As we've mentioned above, Medicare Supplement plans, regardless of the insurance company, do provide the standardized Medigap coverage, including the plans from Sentinel Security. Sentinel offers several options to choose from (see below). To see a full chart that shows what all of the Medicare Supplement plans cover, go to: Medigap coverage chart. The list below reflects which plans are offered in most states (can vary slightly from state to state, depending on state requirements - contact us for exact information about which plans are offered in your state).
- Sentinel Security offers the Medigap Plan F, which is the most common and comprehensive Medigap plan. With this plan, there are no out of pocket co-pays, deductibles or coinsurance at the doctor or hospital. This plan is most popular among all of the plans because of the ease of not having any out of pocket costs.
- They also offer Medigap Plan D. This plan does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible ($162/year for 2011); however, it has lower premiums than Plan F and is, in many cases, a better value.
- Sentinel Security also offers Medicare Supplement Plan N, which is one of the newer Medicare Supplement plans. This plan has cost-sharing ($20 doctor's office co-pay, $50 emergency room co-pay) in exchange for lower premiums than on other plans. Additionally, it doesn't cover the Medicare Part B deductible, which is $162 for the year 2011.
Who Is Sentinel Security Best For?
Sentinel Security Medicare Supplements can be a very good fit in many situations. Here are a few examples of people who should, or can, consider Sentinel Medigap plans:
- People who understand the standardization of plans and don't want to pay extra for a company's "name", when they can get equal coverage from a highly rated company with lower rates.
- People who want predictable out of pocket expenses that don't change from year-to-year.
- People who want "full" coverage at the doctor/hospital with little, or no, out of pocket expenses (Plan F)
- People who are losing their Advantage plan coverage or leaving or losing employer group coverage. The changes in these two marketplaces in 2010 and 2011 has caused many people to be looking for Medicare Supplement insurance, and Sentinel Security is a great option.
If I Want More Information about Sentinel Security Medicare Supplements, What Is My Next Step?
Although many people believe otherwise, there are actually no special enrollment periods for Medicare Supplement insurance - this only applies to Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage plans. So, if you believe Sentinel Security Medicare supplement insurance may be a fit for you, whether you are turning 65 or just looking to save some money on a higher-priced plan, contact us. We recommend getting a full rate quote comparison of plans available for your age and zip code (from Sentinel and other companies), and as an independent agency, we can provide Medicare Supplement quotes by email.
To get quotes on the plan or more information, go to Sentinel Security Medicare supplement quotes or you can reach us by phone toll-free at 877.506.3378.
We look forward to helping you compare plans and serving your Medicare Supplement insurance comparison needs.